Friday, July 2, 2010

Bead necklaces and bracelets

I would like to show you how to make bead necklaces.  I am making them for my mom for her Mary Kay customers.  Here's how to do it.

First, you need to have different colors of beads and necklace string.  I use this stretchy string my mom got from Oriental Trading.
You can use pipe cleaners, foam papers, and other stuff if you want to, but you don't have to.  Also make sure you have scissors.

Measure your string out to make sure it's long enough.  Then cut it to length.  Put the piece you want in the middle on first, and center it on the string.  Then put whatever other beads and stuff you want on the rest.  I cut out a circle from a soda bottle and painted it purple, and used that for my center piece.  My mom cut out a red foam heart.  When you are finished, just tie the string!
Here are two necklaces and one bracelet that my mommy and I made.  They were really easy!

2 comments:

  1. Super cute! And very pretty =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! I love when you make these and share them with your family and friends.

    ReplyDelete